May 28, 2011

HFS


Upon waking up from dreaming about berries, Aunt Sue sent me this recipe.  Healthy Fruit Shake!  I decided to make Valerie and I these shakes before our run this morning.  Thick, creamy, cool, and refreshing, the HFS is just what we needed to get in gear. 

I made the shake with frozen blueberries and fresh bananas.  I did not have lecithin granules on hand so I had to do without those.  The shakes were delicious and very filling, and I love the addition of Spiru-tein.  The blueberry banana combination was a winner,and I think strawberries would be a nice addition as well.  This healthy fruit shake is a wonderful way to start the day!

HFS
aka Healthy Fruit Shake
Printable Recipe

1 Cup of orange juice
1 or 2 bananas, fresh or frozen
2 C frozen berries
2 T Vanilla Spiru-tein (optional)
2 T Lecithin Granules (optional)

Blend orange juice and bananas.  Add the berries and more juice if needed as you blend ‘til smooth. This recipe is highly adaptable to whatever juice and/or fruits that you have on hand.  Makes about 4 cups.

2 comments:

  1. Luke! Blueberry - Banana HFS is a classic! Thanks for posting this recipe - I love the garnish and the idea of starting the day with a Healthy Fruit Shake - we usually have ours on a weekend afternoon! It is a treat also to see what color the HFS turns out to be depending on the choice of fruits - always different, always beautiful. Family Tree-Eats readers, do try this at home, and then let us know - What Color is Your Fruit Shake!

    ReplyDelete